- Search Engine Marketing: The Yellow Pages Question
- Search Engine Marketing: Making the Connection
- Social Media Marketing: Social Media Sites
- Brand Marketing: Managing Your Brand On The Internet
- Reputation Management: Dealing With Review Sites
- Social Media Marketing: Engaging With Customers
- Mobile Marketing: Huge Growth Opportunity
- Mobile Marketing: Text Messaging Grows With Consumers of All Ages
- Mobile Marketing: Daily Deal Coupons
- Inbound Marketing: Keys To An Effective Website
- Email Marketing: How To Build Client Relationships
- Website Design: Multiple Methods of Contact
- Promotional Strategies and Tactics
- Video Marketing: Video Distribution
- Article Syndication: Key Site Article Distribution Sites
- Image Marketing
- Banner Advertising
- Social Media Marketing: Facebook Ads
- Search Engine Marketing: SEO
- Tracking Your Results
- The Bottom Line
One of the biggest advantages of using the internet to reach new customers is the low cost of advertising, and the speed at which you can implement, test and change things. There are many different promotional strategies you can use to both improve your rankings in the search engines and get your business listed in various other locations.
Press releases are an effective way to do this, for a couple of reasons. First, when you send out a press release, it is going to get listed on a lot of news websites quite quickly. Because you can include a link back to your site in the press release, it can drive a lot of potential customers directly to your site as well as help improve your site’s rankings (which of course will also result in more potential customers).
And second, your press release might actually get noticed by a local newspaper and you could wind up getting some free press out of it. Many local newspapers are desperate for stories about people or businesses in their town. If you have something newsworthy in your press release, this is exactly the type of story they would like to print. And the fact that you’re local just makes it that much better, since they can contact you for further information if need be.
There are a number of press release services that will distribute your press release to various newspapers, websites and other media outlets. Some of the most effective include:
You submit your press release to these services, and they in turn broadcast them out to many different news outlets, both online and offline. The cost of these services varies, depending on the number of outlets they broadcast to and what other additional services they provide.
If you distribute press releases on a regular basis, you will not only be more likely to get noticed by one or more media outlets, you will also get SEO (Search Engine Optimization) benefits that can help your website rank higher in the search engines, and ultimately generate more traffic.
We’ll look at SEO in more detail shortly.
Media distribution is another highly effective way to get more customers to your website. This means submitting articles, video, images and other types of content to various sites. When your content get posted on those sites, it can result in new customers coming as a result of both finding that content and your website’s ranking improving.